Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A Light in the Dark

This has been a dark patch for the Little family. Seeing parents lose an infant fills me with profound saddness, sharpened because we know and care about the family. Not too long ago, Jason's cousin Greg lost his baby girl who was born too early, and now Sydney. I look at Espen and want to kiss every inch of him. I have thanked God for the opportunity to be his mom more times than I can count, and marvel at how insanely lucky I am that he is healthy. I just keep thinking about what a gamble it all is, and how none of us have any clue about God's plans for us. Why did he take these babies so soon? And the kicker is that we'll never know why He does what He does. If I am reeling, I really can't imagine what Greg and Ron and Stacy are going through.

We lost another loved one this past week. My great-uncle Ronnie lost his battle with lung cancer. Ronnie was such a fun guy. We loved him a lot and will miss him, but he had been sick for a long time, and is finally at peace now.

One bright spot in all of this saddness is the glad news that Jason's cousin Clayton and his wife Cheri are expecting thier first child. We are tremendously excited for them! We can't wait to see if we'll be welcoming a little boy or a little girl to the family. Congrats to the Greens!

No comments: