Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Hello Out There!

I have finally returned to post more! :) I hope everyone is having a great fall so far. Things have been VERY busy in the Little household. Jason and I are both working our tails off and Espen is busy growing and learning. He is really "talking" up a storm now, constantly babbling about something. It is so adorable. I keep trying to catch him on video, but every time I turn it on, he clams up. I'm going to keep trying, and if I manage to catch him, I'll post it on here. Here is a little taste.




He is also super into peek-a-boo, even using his burp cloth to cover his head and then pull it down to "peek". He is imitating Jason and me a lot too. When we make a sound or funny face, he tries too. SO CUTE!

Monday night Espen decided to have a "slumber party" and refused to go to bed until 2 hours past his bed time. While we weren't too thrilled, we couldn't be too mad because he was just being such a happy (wide awake) baby. And we have learned that if the baby isn't sleepy, there's nothing in the world you can do to make him go to sleep. :)


Espen takes politics very seriously. He did his civic duty and went with my parents to vote on election day. (his sticker says, " I voted. Did you?")


Espen also had his first time in a big-kid highchair when Jason and I ate at O'Charley's. He loved it!


Espen also had his first Halloween! He was such a cute little pumpkin. :) We only trick-or-treated at the grandparents', but Espen seemed to enjoy himself.




The whole family got into the act, including Sophie. :)


He really wanted those M&Ms!


We visited Great-grandma and Great-grandpa Vogel the week before Halloween and Espen got some cool blocks that he LOVES. He is especially fond of the green one. :)


He got more pumpkins this year than the family did! Aunt Katy got him a "zombie pumpkin" with green spots on it, and Jason's parents got him a little one that apparently looked delicious. :)



I can't believe that He is SEVEN MONTHS OLD! Holy Cow! Time really does fly! And only 6 weeks until Christmas. Yikes! We are going to go looking for a stocking for Espen Thanksgiving weekend. I can't wait to decorate the house this year. :) It is going to be interesting trying to keep things out of his reach, but I know that Espen will be so excited by all the bright shiny things on the tree. :) If I don't post again before then (and I wouldn't hold your breath), have a great Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

He is SO adorable!! What a cutie! I hope to finally meet him one day soon! :)
-kim burkett