Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Chunk-a-Muffin

Espen had his 2 month check-up today. It's a little late (due to some insurance issues), as he's almost 11 weeks old, but I don't think he minded putting off the shots. :) He got 4 shots and one oral immunization. I was really dreading the whole ordeal, but Espen did great! He cried a little when he was getting the shots, and gave me this heart-breaking look like, "Why are you letting them do this to me?!?" As soon as they were done, though, and I picked him up and cuddled him, he was much happier and fell asleep shortly after. I gave him some baby Tylenol at the doctor's office and I think that helped ease the pain a bit.

The big news is his stats, however. I knew he was getting really heavy and had estimated him at about 15 pounds. We were anxious to know the official word. I was a little short. He weighs in at a whopping 15 pounds 12 ounces! Almost 16 pounds! WOW! What a chunker! The good news is that his length is up there too (24.5"), so he's not pudgy, just... heavy. He's in the 97%tile for weight, 90%tile for length, and 50%tile for head circumference. So he'll have a nice average-sized head on a tall, solid body! :) Look out NHL!

The doctor says Espen is looking good! YAY! Its so nice to have professional reassurance that you're not screwing up horribly. His clogged tear duct seems to have resolved itself too, as no eye boogers for the last week. :) Now if we can just get him to be less gassy. :)

No comments: