Saturday, June 7, 2008

"LOST" in Translation

Sorry that it's been so long since I last posted. We have been busy enjoying our little bundle of joy. :) Everyone is doing well. Espen is doing even better with night sleeping, although he still has a rough night from time to time. Last night, for example, he was up until 2 - We think he was overly-tired and thus having a hard time falling asleep since he had had a very eventful day visiting Grandma and Grandpa Little. We spent the day getting used to Grandma Little's house so that when I go back to work, everything will be familiar. Espen is a little scared of Dunkin's (their dog) barks, but seemed to have a lot of fun yesterday. We sang songs and he bounced in his bouncer. Espen also managed to go through SEVEN outfits! I mean, jeez, seven??? Really?? I'm glad I packed eight. :) I thought I was going a bit overboard, but apparently not. I am continually amazed at the volume of urine that comes out of such a small boy. It probably doesn't help that he has really outgrown his diapers. He needs to move up to a size 2 diaper (already!), but we are trying to use up the last of the size 1s first. I have a hard time believing that he is more than 14 pounds already. We won't have an official weight until the 24th, but my calculations put him around 14.5 pounds. What a chunk-a-muffin! It's because he eats ALL THE TIME!

Speaking of eating all the time... I am now officially a mom. I just finished watching the season finale of "Lost" (I am WAY behind, I know), and I wasn't able to really enjoy it because I just kept thinking about Aaron. (FYI - If you don't watch the show, none of this will make any sense.) OK, if Claire disappears into the woods, how are they feeding this baby??? And why is no one concerned about it? Jason suggested Dharma Initiative baby formula, but they couldn't have children, so why would they have formula? And why does Aaron, like, NEVER cry?!?!? And if that wasn't ridiculous enough, he survives a helicopter crash into the ocean unscathed? I don't think babies know to hold their breath when they are plunged into a churning sea. I mean, the show wasn't the most realistic before this, but COME ON. I suppose only a mother concerned with the constant feeding of her son would pick up on that. I don't know if I should feel weird about that or not. :)

Anyway... I will be putting up more pictures on Shutterfly today, so keep your eyes peeled. :)

No comments: