Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Baby stuff out the wazoo!

Well, after two baby showers and some very generous friends and family, baby Little's nursery is stocked and pretty much ready to go. He will soon be the cleanest and best-dressed baby around! I will be adding pictures from the showers as soon as I can. If you have any to add, please feel free to add them if you can. (I'm still very new to this whole "blog" business, and am not entirely sure what this site can do.) Thanks a lot to everyone for all of the nice gifts. We have been very busy trying to put everything away and get things ready for the baby's arrival. We got the stroller put together fairly easily and the car seats are installed in our vehicles ready to bring the "Little" one home. :)

The swing, however, was quite a bear and Jason spent a LONG time trying to figure out where all of the 800 pieces went. There was a lot of language unfit for baby ears coming from the living room while that was going on. :)






BEFORE















AFTER


Slowly but surely we are getting there. Soon we will start the big task of washing all of the relevant baby clothes in preparation for his arrival. Jason just about died when he saw how much Dreft costs. :) We are going to try the Target version in an attempt to pinch a few pennies.

We have a doctor's appointment tomorrow. We're seeing him weekly now. Hopefully he will have good news for us about the baby dropping in preparation for birth. (I just realized that is the second time I've used the phrase "in preparation" in this post. Odd.) I'm hoping things are moving along, but not too quickly. I don't want an overdue baby, but I don't want too early of a debut either. At the second shower, we did a "Baby Pool" where everyone guessed the baby's birth date, time, weight, and length. Some of the guesses were really funny. :) If I give birth on May 23 to a 12lb. 31" baby, not only will I die of shock, but someone better call the Guinness Book of World Records. :) We'll try to keep you posted!

T-minus 23 days to the baby's due date. (April 11, 2008)

1 comment:

Elyse's mom said...

Hey Spoony,

I have a recipe for your own detergent that i got from my sister - all of her boys have skin issues, so she just uses it for the whole family. It's way cheaper than Dreft and does a good job of getting the clothes clean - it's what i use for Elyse!!